Monday, May 23, 2011

Gonna Try Being A Vegetarian - One Week Limited Engagement

OK - Didn't know its was National Vegetarian Week until I saw a post on twitter today. As a born and raised daughter of a cattle rancher, you can imagine that my carnivore instinct is high and my passion for red meat is off the charts. But I, like many others, understand that all things in moderation is a good thing (except of course the ocassional chocolate binge). I also know about limiting my carbon footprint, etc. So in the spirit of healthy living and trying something new, I'm going to go vegetarian for the week. (My husband doesn't know this yet - won't dinner be a surprise). I'll spend my lunch break planning the menu, shop after work and jump into the big world of all things vegetarian. I'll share my menu, maybe a good recipe or two, some photos and even some success if I feel, better, worse, lose weight, or experience all the joys of a high fiber diet - if you get my drift. I'm excited and slightly apprehensive. Must mean its a good idea and just the thing I need to kick off my "New Day - New Me" personal wellness campaign. Watch for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment